Tuesday, January 22, 2013

My personal experience with wine thus far.

I haven't had much experience with wine so far. I've had several glasses of several different varieties most of which I can't remember the names of. My experiences so far have been having a glass at my Grandma's house with dinner or tasting wine at home with my Mom. I like the taste of wine and I want to continue to build my palate through the Geography of Wine course and exploring on my own.

Up to this point I have preferred the taste of white wine. I definitely like the sweeter, crisper taste as opposed to the dry, "harsh" taste of red wine. I know this is because I am just getting started in my wine drinking and I know the more I drink and build my palate the more I'll like red wine.

In this wine class I'm interested in learning about the entire wine making process from the grapes on the vine to drinking a glass. I want to know why different regions affect wine making. I've already found a great interest in craft beers and I hope that through this class and my own experiences I can build a similar interest in wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment