Sunday, April 14, 2013

Tasting #27 - Les Piliers Viognier

Name: Les Piliers
Variety: Viognier
Region: Vins de Pays d'Oc
Country: France
Year: 2011
Price: $15

Wine Store Review: Creamed peach and melon fruit mix with glazed pear and mango notes, while just enough bitter orange on the finish keeps this honest.

My Review: This wine is a pale gold color with very floral aromas and hints of apricots. This is one of the more expensive bottles I've had so far and I could definitely tell a difference in the body and balance compared to the five dollar wines I typically drink. I got a sort of a citrus taste along with what I can only describe as being what it would taste like to bite into a flower. I bought this wine after reading in my class textbook that it pairs very well with duck and goose. I am guessing it was the marinade I used because this wine did not compliment the meat or vice vera. The wine was much better on it's on. I liked this wine very much and will give it a score of 9 out of 10.

This wine was tasted with a duck and goose dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment