Sunday, February 24, 2013

Tasting #16 - Atlas Cumbres Torrontes

Name: Atlas Cumbres
Variety: Torrontes
Region: Mendoza
Country: Argentina
Year: 2009
Price: $7

Wine Website Review: Yellow colour with greenish nuances. Very intense aroma of fresh grapes, flower perfume and mature peaches. Fresh in the mouth. Light and easy to drink.

My Review: A very different yellow then any wine I've tried so far. It was a straw yellow or gold color. I got aromas of pineapple, lemon and floral notes on the nose. The lemon was most prominent and reminded me of the lemon head candy. The wine was slightly acidic with hints of lemons. It finished dry with a funky aftertaste that thankfully didn't linger very long. I enjoyed the smell of this wine a lot but was disappointed with the taste.

This wine was tasted without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment