Sunday, February 17, 2013

Tasting # 11- Moscato Rosé

Name: Jellybean
Variety: Moscato Rosé
Region: Veneto
Country: Italy
Year: 2011
Price: $8

Winemaker Review: A hint of effervescence and a big hit of Strawberry Parfait overlay lush notes of red berries, peach and apricot in our Moscato Rosé. A characterful blend of sunshine-loving Moscato and Raboso grapes from northeastern Italy’s Veneto, this lightly sparkling charmer enchants with a vibrant pink color and abundant berry notes to match.

My Review: Light red in color. On the nose there were sweet floral and banana notes with hints of strawberries. I tasted light strawberries and citrus but the mid-palate and finish were very hollow. I was not impressed with this wine and neither was my girlfriend when she gave it to me since she didn't like it either. There was also a funky aftertaste.

This wine was tasted without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment