Thursday, February 28, 2013

Tasting #17 - Beringer Riesling


Name: Beringer Founders' Estate
Variety: Riesling
Region: Napa, California
Country: USA
Year: 2009
Price: $6

Wine Website Review: This is a wonderfully refreshing wine – its ripe peach and apricot flavors are perfectly balanced by a touch of lemon-lime. The brightness and acidity of the wine make it very food-friendly while the enticing peach and apricot flavors make it difficult to have just one glass!

My Review: This wine was pale yellow in color. On the nose I got aromas of citrus and honeysuckle. It has a light, acidic taste along with flavors of citrus and pineapple. It finishes a bit dry with not much of a lingering after taste. This was my first riesling so I don't have anything to compare it to but I throughly enjoyed it.

This wine was tasted without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment